The success of our programming is due in large part to our state-of-the-art facility, the John A. and
Virginia Creech Therapeutic Riding Center. The indoor arena enables services to be offered year-round
without concern for weather or time of day, an aspect that supports consistency in service provision.
CKRH is operated within the renowned Kentucky Horse Park and includes:
- 24 acres with paddocks, automatic watering systems and outdoor arena
- More than 50,000 square feet under one roof with an arena, stalls, wash racks, tack rooms, and storage.
- Additional indoor spaces in the building include the three classroom Education Center, which currently houses The Stables; two observation areas; staff offices; and a conference room with a commercial kitchen.
- Attwood Equestrian Surfaces footing, a dust-free product
- A SureHands lift system that allows participants who utilize a wheelchair for mobility to mount their horse with ease
- Two ADA regulation ramped mounting platforms, one indoor and one outdoor, that faciltiate all mounted participants in gaining as much independence in the mounting process as possible.